Red pimples after shaving is a problem for many women. In spring and summer, when we uncover our bodies more often, it becomes more persistent. However, there are ways to minimize the risk of unwanted pimples on the body, and to get rid of them if they already form. You can read more in the article below!
The right way to shave is the key
Prevention is better than cure! The right way of depilation minimizes the risk of red pimples. Just remember a few rules.
- Do not start depilation immediately after getting into the shower. The skin needs a few minutes to soften. Then the hairs become more amenable to shaving. By waiting a few minutes before starting epilation, you definitely minimize the risk of irritation.
- The more blades a razor has, the better. Those with more of them are more accurate and less irritating to the skin. It is best to choose those with moisturizing strips
- Change razors often. If you already use one a few times, take care of its hygiene and proper storage.
- Start shaving by applying a hair softening product. This can be a special foam or oil, but a hair conditioner will also work well.
- Before epilation, perform a thorough exfoliation of the selected body parts.
If you stick to these rules and the irritation continues, there are ways to get rid of it. Here they are:
1. After-shave oil
After shaving, apply an oil. It can be a cosmetic specially designed for this purpose, but it is also enough if you apply baby oil. Then gently wipe your body with a clean towel. Ideally, it should be a paper towel, especially in the most problematic areas.
2. Hydrocortisone ointment
If you see pimples on your body after depilation, apply hydrocortisone ointment. The kind generally available at the drugstore will suffice. She will reduce and alleviate inflammation. Apply it to the problem areas twice a day. You should see a difference after the first use.
3. Aloe vera extract
Aloe vera-based cosmetics soothe and treat inflammation. The best after depilation is a gel. It is important that it contains as much aloe vera as possible. To verify its composition, it is worth reading the label.
4. Benzoyl peroxide
If you have been struggling with pimples after depilation for a long time, then use benzoyl peroxide on them. It’s an ingredient in most acne cosmetics. Recurring pimples after shaving start to act like acne, so benzoyl peroxide-based ointments can be very helpful.
5. Remember to moisturize
Always treat your skin to a good dose of hydration after shaving. Rub your body with an oil, lotion or cream. If you see that there is a need – add cosmetics. This way you will minimize the risk of pimples.
main photo: unsplash.com/Helen Barth